Millions of women around the world experience melasma and are in search of a cure to get rid of the dark patches on their face. There are various creams, potions, and home remedies that can be used to treat melasma, but until you figure out what’s causing this hyper-pigmentation in your skin it will be hard to get rid of it for good. In this article we’re going to discuss the various melasma causes and what you can do to stop the problem once and for all.
Common Melasma Causes
Some of the common things that can cause melasma include excessive stress, bad eating habits, hormonal problems, and thyroid disease. If one or more of these things are causing your melasma you will need to address these problems before you can finally be free from melasma.
Not addressing these problems directly will cause you to get rid of melasma for a short time only to realize that it quickly returns. With that being said you need to learn how to treat melasma from the inside in order to stop it from returning on the outside. In order to treat melasma from the inside you need to first start with your diet.
You need to eat certain foods that will help keep your hormones in perfect balance and help reduce stress. Along with eating the right type of foods you should also try taking certain supplements daily to improve your skin condition.
According to Finally Melasma Free, your diet should include foods such as nuts, ginger, eggs, and wild salmon. Nuts help treat melasma from the inside by improving the function of your gut. Eat raw nuts like walnuts because they contain many anti-inflammatory properties that are great for getting rid of melasma.
Ginger is a great food item to add to your daily diet because it also contains a high amount of anti-inflammatory properties that make improving the health of your gut easy. Try to eat the ginger raw but you can also cook it and add it to your food.
The reason why eggs are good to eat daily is because they will help increase the omega-3 fatty acids in your body. Omega-3 fatty acids help keep your skin free of melasma because it helps reduce stress and keep your hormones in a healthy balance.
One of the best foods to eat in order to cure your melasma from the inside is salmon. Salmon contains a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids that will keep your skin healthy and free of melasma.
Other than the foods mentioned above there are other things you should consider eating more of in order to get rid of melasma from the inside out. Some of these foods you should start including more in your diet include:
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes contain glutathione, which will help detoxify your body from the inside and remove melasma on your skin.
- Avocados – Avocados also contain glutathione and they also contain other compounds that are well known for removing toxins in your body that could lead to melasma.
- Cabbage – Believe it or not but eating cabbage can help treat your melasma and keep your skin free from this hyper-pigmentation. It’s the enzymes that raw cabbage contains that makes it great at removing melasma causing toxins in your body.
- Spinach – This green vegetable is great helping improve your melasma condition because it reduces high stress levels. It’s the folate in spinach and other green vegetables that help keep you calm and reduce stress levels so melasma doesn’t have a chance to flare up.
- Berries – It’s a good idea to add any kind of berry to your daily diet because they all help regulate stress. The more berries you eat the more vitamin C you’re adding to your body, which will help fight off melasma.
Once you begin eating more healthy foods that treat melasma from the inside the easier it will be to keep your skin blemish free. Begin adding these foods to your daily diet and watch how quickly your melasma condition improves.