While developing a skin care routine which seems to work best for you, you have to know the products which can be used together, how they are beneficial for your skin and how they should be mixed. With the plethora of skin care products in the market, it is indeed a daunting task to choose the perfect combination. If you’re someone who is already overwhelmed with the products that you should choose, you should first consider the kind of skin that you have. If only you get to know the type of your skin, you can create a regimen which comprises of moisturizers, toners, cleansers, masks and exfoliant.
After few months of use, you will soon understand the change it is bringing about to your skin and how your skin has started responding to the things that you use. But what are the main things that you should use on your skin? Here are few things that you should know about developing a skin care regimen.
Setting the basic routine for your skin
- Timely removal of makeup: If you’re someone who often wears makeup, you should definitely remove it before going to bed. For your eyes and lips, you may need specially designed makeup remover as they’re tough to clean.
- Cleanse twice daily: Make sure you wash your face at least twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. Apply a cleanser and massage it on your skin. Splash your face with warm water.
- Exfoliate once or twice in a week: Make sure you exfoliate once a week or maximum twice a week but don’t cross the limit as that may damage your skin. Be very gentle while you exfoliate as the movements should be soft. Remove the scrub with a sponge.
Controlling oily skin
- Choose a foam cleanser: For oily skin, foaming cleansers work the best as they work in removing the oil very gently. A very small amount will be enough for your skin. However, make sure you don’t overwash.
- Watch out for ingredients to fight acne: If you think your skin is acne-prone, use tough ingredients which reduce shine, oil and pimples. Benzoyl peroxide, sulphur, salicylic acid and retinoid are few of the best ingredients.
- Moisture should be water based: You should never use a heavy moisturizer as that makes your skin oiler. In order to combat this, use a gel-based or water-based moisturizer.
- Avert touching your skin: When you touch your skin often, you can transfer bacteria from your hands to your skin. This habit may cause pimples and if you think you want to touch your skin often, wash your hands with soap. Don’t pop pimples as it leaves back an ugly scar.
Therefore, now that you know the ways in which you can create a skin care regimen, follow it. You may even get the best skin care products from http://www.skincareheaven.com/ if you don’t think you can manage things on your own.