What are the key benefits of exercise?
The key benefits of exercise are:
- Improved blood flow to various parts of the body, which improves energy levels, alertness and general sense of wellbeing
- Improvements in quality of digestion, which in turn helps improves energy levels, physical capacity and general sense of well being
- Muscles and bone activity is generated helping combat the degeneration that happens naturally with age. Muscle tone and strength are also improved.
- Skin tone and posture also improve
- Due to sweating triggered during exercise, the wastes produced by the body are properly moved out. This helps to reduce the amount of toxic substances in the body and leads to improved wellbeing.
What are the different types of exercise that can help?
Various types of exercise can help you be physically active. You do not need to perform a lot of exercise to get the associated benefits. Some of the most common types of exercise include walking, cycling, gym activity, sports, aerobics, cycling and yoga. All of these require only 20-30 minutes of effort daily for you to feel their benefits.
But I do not have a lot of time, how can I get enough exercise?
Most of us live extremely busy schedules. Between time at the office, attending to the kids and running errands, it can be challenging to get time for exercise. However, remember all you need is 20-30 minutes every day and it can be any activity of your choice. Here are some tips that could help:
- The best kind of exercise is one that is integrated into your everyday routine. Try walking and taking public transit to office, walk instead of taking the elevators
- Try to do group activities with your friends to keep motivation levels up
- It is not that everyone who goes to the gym needs to lift heavy weights, all you need to do is some treadmill and light weights, and you would be ready to go
The benefits of exercise are proven and have been well demonstrated in various studies. By taking just 30 minutes out of your time every day, you can put yourself on the road to excellent health, wellbeing and quality of life.